This statement sets out our policies relating to the privacy of your personal information:
Very briefly, this web site is operated in compliance with the Australian Government’s Information Privacy Principles which are outlined at http://www.privacy.gov.au, and we try to comply with these principles at all times.
- Our web site collects the following information from our online visitors: a record of each visit that logs a visitor’s IP address, the date and time of their visit, the pages accessed and/or documents downloaded, their country of origin and the type of browser used (ie this is the same type of information routinely collected by all web servers around the world). No attempt is or will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency exercises a warrant to inspect our service provider’s logs. We analyse the information collected by our web server at the end of each month purely to determine our web site’s overall usage statistics.
- We retain the e-mail addresses of people who send emails to us through this web site for the simple purpose of sending them a response. These email addresses are stored in a secure area (ie not on the website) and are not used for any other purpose.
- We do not give information about you to government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- you’d expect us to or we have told you we will
- it is required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health or
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for law enforcement.
- People who submit email addresses, web sites or other information for linking on this web site are agreeing to have them published on our web site by doing so. We will, however, remove or modify any submitted email address, web site URL or other supplied information on request.
This privacy statement is periodically reviewed in line with the ongoing development of our web site and/or changes to Australian privacy laws.
This statement sets out our policies relating to spam (ie unsolicited commercial email):
Our web site is operated in compliance with the Australian Spam Act 2003, which may be viewed online at a variety of locations (just search Google for the Act’s name).
In a nutshell, we don’t send out any spam emails. Nor do we do business with any individual or company who does. And we encourage all our visitors to do likewise.
We also use anti-spam filtering on our emails and we report any Australian who spams us to the proper authorities on receipt of their spam.
Again, we encourage our visitors to do likewise in countries which have equivalent legislation to Australia. Or to request their legislators enact similar laws in countries which don’t yet have anti-spam laws; or toughen existing laws up to Australian standards where existing laws are weak.
If you subscribe to any newsletter or similar online update service through our website, you may unsubscribe from that service at any time and your email address will be erased from our files the moment you do.